Saturday, 12 September 2015
Congratulations to one of our clients, Prinovis, for passing their stage 2 audit for ISO 50001 Energy Management at their Liverpool site.
Prinovis have carried out an extensive energy management programme and the systems provided by Strategic Safety Systems helped gain certification.
The systems are part of an integrated environmental, energy and health & safety management system provided by SSS and we are proud to have contributed to their success in ISO 50001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
More information on certification and other business improvement support can be found at http://www.strategicsafety.co.uk/BusinessImprovement.html .
- Local exhaust ventilation (LEV) system for extracting wood dust and
- Lifting equipment on its rider operated trucks
- On 26 September 2011, Graham Begley was moving 24 tonne dies using a crane.
- There was no risk assessment for the pre-lift process.
- It is thought that the lifting chains snagged on the die, causing it to move towards him and crushing him.
- It was accepted in court that the lack of risk assessment was not causative of Mr Begley’s death
- On 13th Sepetmber 2014, an employee who had just been promoted from operator to tool changer, was maintaining a carpet forming machine.
- While under supervision, he became trapped when the top hood of the carpet heating press descended on him while he was working.
- Inadequate guarding
- Inadequate isolation/lock-out when entering this area, and/or
- Guarding interlocks overridden
Wednesday, 9 September 2015
Refuse collectors at Gloucester City Council say health and safety rules stop them collecting bins which do not have the lid fully closed.
Gloucester City Council defended the policy and said bins in the city are emptied if the lid is fully closed.
Councillor Jim Porter, cabinet member for environment at Gloucester City Council, said: "The city council has a closed lid policy to stop too much waste going to landfill.
In other words, it's nothing to do with 'elf n safety, it's part of the environmental agenda- See more at: http://www.punchline-gloucester.com/articles/aanews/councilrefusestocollectbinsunlesslidisfirmlyshut#sthash.BAxF5LCo.dpuf